Food Frenzy 2018 has officially kicked off at Sweeney Conrad, and we are excited to raise money to fight hunger in Western Washington!
Did you know?
- 1 in 5 kids struggle with hunger in Western Washington.
- 40% of the food in the U.S. ends up in landfills.
- Only 10% of kids on free and reduced lunch programs receive a similar meal during the summer.
- Every $1,100 helps feed a family of 4 for 1 year.
- 20% of households with children under age 18 experience food insecurity in the U.S.
- Every $5,000 helps secure an entire truckload of fresh produce (almost 40,000 pounds!) that goes out to over 80 food banks, meal programs, and shelters in our region.
That's where Food Frenzy comes in. For two weeks (this year from July 13th-27th) over 100 companies in the area creatively compete to raise funds to feed children in need. From a “Feely Food Fest” to office mini golf, pies in the face to volunteering in the warehouse- this is a challenge we take very seriously!
Make sure to visit us on Facebook, Twitter, and now on Instagram to follow along as we get all frenzied about providing food for the amazing kids of Western Washington. And remember to keep up on our blog!
To learn more about hunger in our community and how you can help click here.